VIDEO – ARE YOU SOBBING OR SCREAMING? –
Aug. 12, 2022 – AURORA, Colo. — Younger and younger kids are being impacted by the opiate epidemic.
On Wednesday, 13-year-old Jose Hernandez was found dead inside his home.
According to his family, it appears to be from an accidental fentanyl overdose. Jose just started 8th grade this week at Aurora Hills Middle School. Jose, he was as good kid. He was always smiling,” said Margarita Flores, Jose’s grandmother.
Her grandson’s smile is one she’ll always hold in her heart.
She said, with her son translating, that Jose was a respectful, sweet boy who was doing well in school and loved to skateboard.
“I was going downstairs, he told me ‘Hey mommy. I love you so much,’ and those were his last words to me,” she said, with tears in her eyes.