The Executive Corner is a new weekly feature of the Addiction/Recovery eBulletin. We send our participants forty questions and ask them to choose twenty they would like to answer. It includes a short profile and a link to their website. We hope you enjoy it.
1. If you are in recovery, what was your DOC and when did you discontinue its use?
2. At which of the schools you attended did you learn the most?
University of Florida
3. Do you believe leaders are made or born?
4. Which film have you watched the most?
5. If you ever retire, would you prefer to live by the ocean, lake, river, or mountaintop, or penthouse?
Mountain Top with an Ocean View
6. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
Acapulco, Mexico, 30 years a go before the Cartels
7. What is your biggest or littlest pet peeve?
Hard Butter in a restaurant.
8. Favorite Non-fiction book genre?
9. Favorite Snack?
10. Favorite Cuisine?
11. How do you measure success?
12. If you had an extra million dollars, which charity would you donate it to?
Make a Wish Foundation
13. What is your current hobby?
14. If you were giving a dinner party for your 3 favorite authors, Living or dead, who would they be? (you can choose 4 if you think one might be too drunk or stoned to attend.)
Earnest Hemingway, Daniel Silva, Mario Puzo and James Clavel
15. Do you have any children? Grandchildren?
2 Children: daughter Taylor 26, Son Jake 24
16. Do you prefer John Grisham, Patricia Cornwell, Lawrence Block, James Patterson, Scott Turow, Walter Mosley, Stephen King, or Patricia Highsmith?
17. What is the best piece of advice you’ve been given?
18. What are five things you always carry with you?
Wallet, Cash, Business Cards, Keys and a sense of humor.
19. PC or Mac? Why?
Mac / Much cooler
20. What’s the greatest risk you’ve ever taken?
Ron Tannenbaum is a native Miamian, has 33 years of long-term recovery and has dedicated his life to helping make the recovery movement a positive, mainstream force the world today. He is the Co-Founder of InTheRooms.com the world’s largest social network for the Global Recovery Community, which launched on Oct. 6th 2008.
Some of his interest, passions and hobbies include Kundalini Yoga, cooking, spinning, reading, movies and family time. RT has been married to PhillyT for 29 years and she has over 32 years of long-term recovery. They have two children; their daughter Taylor age 26 is the Sports Anchor for WHNT CBS TV in Huntsville, Alabama and son Jake age 24, is working for a international steel company in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. Taylor and Jake have reaped the benefits of their parents long-term recovery and have never seen either of them pick up a drink or a drug in their entire lives.
Learn more about In The Rooms at