Sept. 10, 2022 – “The results of medical examinations have confirmed that Darius’s death was an accident caused by chloroethane, which is used to treat pain and that tragically lead to respiratory arrest,” a statement read.

“Darius was suffering from chronic neck pain following a car accident in 2010.

“We would like to thank everyone for their love and kindness, and ask that the family’s privacy is maintained during this difficult time.” 

Chloroethane, also known as ethyl chloride, is used as a topical anaesthetic for injections and minor surgery, and can also be found in other pharmaceuticals, petrol additives, plastics and dyes.

It has also been used as a recreational drug, with brief inhalations causing confusion, dizziness and incoordination.


[ninja-popup ID=12216]