TAKE IT EASY ON YOUR NEW EMPLOYEE – SHE’S NEW –
Jan. 20, 2022 – Americans broadly agree that just because a behavior is frowned upon doesn’t mean that it isn’t happening in their workplaces. In fact, some of the behaviors that people find the most inappropriate in the workplace are also the ones that a majority of people have seen occur. But their opinions on many workplace behaviors are largely dependent upon their age and sex. That’s at least according to a new poll on workplace behavior from NPR and Ipsos.
Most Americans polled have experienced behaviors like the following 12, which are ranked from most to least inappropriate, according to respondents:
1. Spreading rumors about coworker’s sex life
2. Discussing coworker’s sexual preferences, history
3. Deliberate touching, leaning, or cornering
4. Telling sexual stories or jokes
5. Referring to female as girl, babe, sweetie, etc.
6. Supervisor flirting, believing it’s mutual