VIDEO – MOURN THE MOURNING –  

May 11, 2022 – She remembered the night she received the worst news of her life.

“It’s a doorbell ring you never want to get,” Miniard said. “Two Jacksonville detectives were standing there at the door to tell us we had lost our child.”

An autopsy revealed that her son had died from a fentanyl overdose. She said Evan thought he was taking heroin, but it turned out to be heroin laced with fentanyl.

According to Miniard, Evan battled drug addiction for 15 years — an addiction that started with pain pills following a car accident that left him injured.

“Eventually, when he couldn’t get any more of the pain pills prescriptions, that’s when he turned to the cheaper available street drugs,” Miniard said.

She said she and her husband put Evan in various programs to help him kick his addiction, and they had him admitted for a mental evaluation when he became a threat to himself and others, but the drug addiction was too great.

more@News4JAX

[ninja-popup ID=12216]